Learn about the key terms, frameworks, and principles of inclusive teaching. Join the CTL for a workshop for graduate students focused on strategies and tools for including all of your students in the learning process. We will ask how instructors can create inclusive classroom environments that set up all students for success, as well as how instructors can help students learn through the diversity of experiences and perspectives they bring to the classroom.
***Registration will close the night before the live session.***
By the end of the session, participants should be able to:
- Identify and reflect on teacher and learner identities and their relationship to inclusive teaching
- Describe key terms in inclusive teaching scholarship
- Develop strategies for creating an inclusive course climate
- Apply inclusive teaching principles to their own teaching practice
The Essentials of Teaching and Learning workshop series for graduate students is focused on giving you tools as a new or developing instructor to better facilitate student learning and improve your teaching practice. These workshops are best experienced sequentially.
This is the first of 4 sessions being held at the same time on the following dates:
- Inclusive Teaching: Creating Engaging Learning Environments, 1/19
- Backward Design and Learning Objectives, 1/26
- Active Learning, 2/2
- Assessment and Feedback for Learning, 2/9